Atsekardol instructions for use
- Atsekardol instructions for use
- Release form and composition of the drug
- Indications for use
- Contraindications to the use of drugs
- special instructions
- Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
- Dosage and administration
- Side effects and drug overdose
- Interaction with other drugs
- Vacation conditions in pharmacies and drug storage
- Atsekardol analogs
- Atsekardol price
The drug Atsekardol is an anti-inflammatory agent based on acetylsalicylic acid.
Release form and composition of the drug
Atsekardol is produced in the form of tablets of a rounded biconvex shape, coated with a white or yellowish color. The composition of one tablet of the drug contains the main active ingredient - acetylsalicylic acid and excipients: titanium dioxide, magnesium stearate, corn starch, lactose, castor oil, microcrystalline cellulose.
Indications for use
Acecardol tablets have a very wide range of therapeutic effects and are prescribed to patients for the prevention and treatment of such conditions:
- Prevention of myocardial infarction for people at risk - patients with obesity, diabetes, genetic predisposition to heart attacks, atherosclerosis and hypertension, smoking patients, the elderly;
- Angina pectoris ;
- Increased blood viscosity and the risk of thrombosis with varicose veins of the lower extremities;
- In order to prevent the development of thrombosis after surgical interventions and operations on blood vessels - angioplasty, aorto-coronary bypass surgery;
- Prevention of ischemic stroke with genetic susceptibility or minor cerebrovascular disorders;
- In order to prevent pulmonary thromboembolism after surgical operations on the chest.
The drug also has antipyretic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects, so it can be prescribed as part of complex therapy for the treatment of patients with viral infections, inflammatory processes in the joints.
Contraindications to the use of drugs
The drug Atsekardol should be taken under the strict supervision of a doctor and only for certain indications. This drug has a number of serious limitations and contraindications:
- Increased hereditary predisposition to gastric ulcer;
- Erosive or corrosive gastritis ;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Tendency to bleed;
- Poor blood clotting;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis and vasculitis;
- Fernan-Vidal triad (simultaneous combination of such conditions as intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid, chronic nasal polyposis, and bronchial asthma);
- 1 and 3 trimesters of pregnancy;
- Breastfeeding period;
- Age up to 16 years.
Atsekardol tablets should be taken with particular caution in patients with such conditions:
- Pregnancy in the 2nd trimester;
- Gout ;
- With simultaneous use of methotrexate;
- When vitamin K deficiency;
- Peptic ulcer and duodenal ulcer in history;
- Present phenomena of hepatic or renal failure.
During treatment with drugs based on acetylsalicylic acid, blood tests should be taken regularly, since this substance contributes to its significant dilution. With prolonged and uncontrolled use of acecardol, there is a high risk of internal bleeding.
The elderly should take this drug under the strict supervision of a physician, since the risk of side effects is significantly higher than in younger patients.
Use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation
According to reviews of patients and doctors, as well as conducted clinical trials, it was found that the use of drugs based on acetylsalicylic acid in the first trimester of pregnancy dramatically increased the risk of defects in the embryo, namely abnormalities and heart defects and not closing the upper palate.
The use of acecardol in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy is carried out after a thorough assessment of the risk to the fetus and benefits to the mother.
The use of drugs based on acetylsalicylic acid in the 3rd trimester is contraindicated, as this leads to early closure of the aortic duct in the fetus and increases the risk of bleeding in the pregnant woman and the child. In addition, the use of Atsekardola 3 trimester can lead to hemorrhages in the brain of the fetus or provoke preterm birth.
Atsekardol and other drugs based on acetylsalicylic acid are able to penetrate into breast milk, and with it into the body of a child, so its use during lactation is strictly contraindicated. If necessary, a course of treatment with this drug should be transferred to a nursing woman baby on artificial feeding with milk formula.
Dosage and administration
Acecardol tablets and its analogues should be taken orally during a meal or immediately after a meal. This will help reduce the risk of side effects from the digestive tract. The tablets are washed down with a sufficient amount of liquid. In order to reduce irritation of the gastric mucosa, Atecardol tablets can be taken with milk, but this is not necessary.
The dosage of the drug and the duration of the course of treatment is determined by the attending physician depending on the indications. For example, for the prophylactic purposes of myocardial infarction, the daily dose of the drug is not more than 200 mg, and thin patients need 100 mg Atsekardola per day.
For the prevention of recurrent myocardial infarction or treatment of ischemic stroke, the patient is prescribed 300 mg of the drug 1 time in 2 days.
In order to prevent the development of side effects, the dosage specified by the physician should not be exceeded by yourself!
Side effects and drug overdose
With self-dose increase or prolonged uncontrolled pills, the patient may experience the following side effects and symptoms of overdose:
- The development of allergic skin reactions - rash, urticaria , itching and flushing of the skin;
- Bronchospasm and other disorders of the respiratory function;
- Weakness, tinnitus and dizziness;
- Stomach pain, vomiting, nausea;
- Exacerbation of gastritis and gastric ulcer with the risk of massive bleeding;
- Quincke edema and anaphylactic shock in rare cases;
- Impaired liver and kidney function;
- Vascular bleeding;
- Changes in the clinical picture of blood.
Interaction with other drugs
Atsekardola tablets can not be combined with drugs from the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, as this dramatically increases the risk of side effects and symptoms of overdose medication.
Vacation conditions in pharmacies and drug storage
Atsekardol dispensed in pharmacies without a prescription. The shelf life of the drug is 2 years from the date of manufacture, which is indicated on the carton. On the expiration of this period, tablets can not be taken. Keep the preparation out of the reach of children, avoiding direct sunlight at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees.
Structural analogues of the active substance (acetylsalicylic acid): Aspikor, Aspirin, Aspirin Cardio, Acecadol, Acetylsalicylic acid, CardiASK, Cardiomagnyl, Kolpharite, Mikristin, Plydol 100, Plydol 300, Polokard, Taspir, Trombo ASTRA Asset, Aspirin .
Atsekardol tablets 50 mg, 30 pcs. - from 17 rubles.
Atsekardol tablets 100 mg, 30 pcs. - from 21 rubles.