ACC tablets effervescent instructions for use
Effervescent tablets ACC are a pharmacological group of drugs mucolytics or expectorant drugs. They are used in the complex treatment of diseases of the respiratory system, which are accompanied by the formation of viscous thick sputum and violation of its discharge.
Release form and composition
ACC tablets are a dosage form for solution preparation and ingestion. These are readily soluble tablets that, when dissolved in water, form carbon dioxide, therefore they are effervescent. The main active ingredient of effervescent tablets is acetylcysteine. There are several dosages of the drug with the content of the active substance in 1 tablet of 100, 200 and 600 mg. It also includes auxiliary substances, which include:
- Anhydrous citric acid.
- Sodium bicarbonate.
- Sodium carbonate anhydrous.
- Anhydrous lactose.
- Vitamin C.
- Sodium cyclamate.
- Sodium Saccharin.
- Sodium citrate.
Effervescent tablets ATC are available in several packaging options - tablets in an aluminum tube of 20 and 25 pieces each and in a cell-free contour package of 15 pieces. A different number of tablets in the package of the drug allows you to choose the optimal amount depending on the duration of the course of treatment.
The active ingredient of effervescent tablets ACC acetylcysteine is a chemical derivative of the amino acid cysteine. The composition of the molecule of this compound contains sulfhydryl groups, they contribute to the disruption of the disulfide bonds of the molecules of mucopolysaccharides, which are the basis of sputum. Due to this, it decreases its viscosity and improves excretion from the respiratory tract. Acetylcysteine also has several additional therapeutic effects:
- Antioxidant action is realized due to the inactivation of free radicals (fragments of molecules that have one unpaired electron in their composition, therefore, they have a high chemical activity and destroy the membrane and the structure of the body's cells).
- Detoxification properties - the active substance of effervescent tablets ACC helps to increase the synthesis of glutathione in the liver, which binds and removes various toxins from the body.
With prophylactic administration, effervescent tablets of ACC reduce the likelihood of developing acute respiratory viral infections with cough.
The active ingredient, due to the soluble form of effervescent tablets ACC, is rapidly absorbed into the blood from the stomach and small intestine, therapeutic concentration is reached within 15 minutes after taking the solution, the maximum concentration - within 1-3 hours. Acetylcysteine is mostly metabolized in the liver with the formation of cysteine and diacetylcysteine metabolites, which also have pharmacological activity and contribute to the dilution of sputum. The active substance is almost completely excreted from the body by the kidneys in the urine in the form of inactive inorganic decomposition products. The half-life (the period of time after which half of the entire concentration of the active active ingredient is excreted from the body) is about 3 hours. Acetylcysteine partially penetrates the blood-brain barrier into the tissue of the brain and spinal cord. It can also enter the fetus through the placenta during pregnancy and into breast milk during breastfeeding.
Indications for use
Effervescent tablets are indicated for use in the pathology of the respiratory and respiratory tract, accompanied by the production of viscous sputum and its poor excretion. These diseases include:
- Acute bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchial mucosa) in viral respiratory infections.
- Acute and chronic bronchitis of bacterial etiology.
- Obstructive diseases of the respiratory system, characterized by spasm (narrowing) of the bronchi and the accumulation of viscous sputum in them (in particular for the treatment of "smoker's cough").
- Bronchial asthma is a bronchial pathology of an allergic nature, characterized by the development of seizures with their spasm and the production of thick, vitreous sputum in response to allergens entering the body or respiratory tract.
- Pneumonia is an inflammatory process in the lungs caused by various infectious pathogens.
- Tracheitis - inflammation of the tracheal mucosa with the production of thick sputum in it.
- Bronchiectasis - a chronic pathological process with the expansion of the lumen of the bronchi and the accumulation of viscous sputum in them.
- Cystic fibrosis is a severe genetic disease in which thick sputum is produced in the airways without inflammatory processes in them. When cystic fibrosis effervescent tablets ACC is recommended to take as a preventive measure.
As an additional component, effervescent tablets ACC are used in the treatment of infectious-inflammatory pathology of the upper respiratory tract - laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx), rhinitis (inflammation of the nasal mucosa), sinusitis (inflammation in the paranasal sinuses). When using effervescent tablets during the treatment of pathology of the respiratory tract and lungs, the use of drugs that suppress cough is not recommended, as they can worsen sputum excretion and lead to its accumulation in the bronchi and bronchioles.
In some pathological and physiological conditions of the body, the use of effervescent tablets ACC is contraindicated, since acetylcysteine can have a negative effect. These include:
- Individual hypersensitivity to acetylcysteine or any other auxiliary component of the drug, which can result in a significant deterioration in the general condition.
- Malabsorption syndrome or enzyme deficiency in the digestive system responsible for the breakdown of glucose or galactose.
- Bleeding from the respiratory tract of varying intensity, including hemoptysis (may be in pulmonary tuberculosis, malignant neoplasms of the respiratory system) - in this case, acetylcysteine may increase its intensity.
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum in the period of exacerbation - acetylcysteine can provoke an increase in the severity of mucosal damage in this pathology.
- Pregnancy at any time and breastfeeding a child - there is no data on the safety of acetylcysteine for a developing fetus and an infant, therefore it is advisable not to take it.
Determining the presence of contraindications to the use of effervescent tablets of the ACC should be carried out before the start of its use for therapeutic purposes.
Dosage and method of use
Dosages of the drug are determined by the doctor individually, depending on the severity of the pathological process, age and general condition of the person. Recommended average dosages are as follows:
- Age from 2 to 6 years - 100 mg 2-3 times a day.
- Children from 6 to 12 years old - 100 mg 3 times a day or 200 mg 2 times a day.
- Children over 12 years old and adults - 200 mg 3 times a day or 600 mg 1 time a day.
With cystic fibrosis, the recommended daily dosage may be increased to 800 mg, provided the child weighs more than 30 kg. Before taking the pill is dissolved in one glass of water at room temperature. The solution is taken only after complete dissolution of the effervescent tablet. The finished solution can not be left for a long time, it must be taken within 2 hours from the time of preparation. It is undesirable to take the drug on an empty stomach, as this may provoke an inflammatory reaction in the gastric mucosa. The average duration of the course of use of effervescent tablets of the ACC is 5-7 days. The course of treatment may be continued by the attending physician individually.
The effervescent tablets of the ACC are generally well tolerated, when taken orally as a solution, a number of side effects can develop, which include:
- From the side of the central nervous system - headache, tinnitus,
- On the part of the cardiovascular system - tachycardia (increased heart rate), hypotension (decrease in systemic blood pressure).
- On the part of the digestive system - nausea, sometimes vomiting, heartburn, upset stool in the form of diarrhea (diarrhea).
- Allergic reactions - rarely develop, the severity may be different. Manifested in the form of a skin rash, her itching, urticaria (rash and swelling of the skin, resembling a nettle burn). In extremely rare cases, there may be a reaction from the bronchi in the form of their spasm, resembling an attack of bronchial asthma. With a very severe allergic reaction, anaphylactic shock develops with the development of multiple organ failure on the background of a progressive decrease in systemic arterial pressure.
In case of symptoms of adverse reactions, the use of the drug should be stopped, and seek medical help.
Before you start using effervescent tablets ACC for the treatment of diseases of the respiratory system, you must carefully read the instructions for use of the drug. Also pay attention to such special instructions:
- The combined use of effervescent tablets of ACC and antitussive drugs that suppress cough is excluded, as this can lead to the accumulation of sputum in the respiratory tract.
- When sharing the drug with antibiotics, acetylcysteine can block their absorption into the blood from the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, these drugs should be taken at intervals of several hours.
- Acetylcysteine enhances the vasodilating effect of nitroglycerin, which must be considered when applying it.
- Children under the age of 2 years, the drug can be administered only by a doctor if there are strict indications, the dosage is set individually.
- Together with the reception of effervescent tablets ACC in the form of a solution, it is desirable to increase the amount of fluid entering the body to better liquefy sputum.
- People with atopic allergic bronchitis and asthma, the drug is prescribed with caution, under the constant functional control of the airway.
- Effervescent tablets of ACC contain carbohydrates in their composition, which must be taken into account for patients with diabetes.
- Dissolve tablets in glassware only.
- Acetylcysteine does not affect the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
Pharmacies effervescent tablets ACC dispensed over-the-counter. In case of doubts or questions regarding their reception, you should consult with your doctor.
With a significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose of the drug may develop symptoms of its side effects from the digestive and central nervous system. In case of an overdose, gastric and intestinal lavage is performed and general detoxification measures with symptomatic therapy are performed.
For drugs with a similar therapeutic effect include potassium iodide, Ambroxol, Sudafred, Fluifort, Lasolvan, Bromhexine.
Terms and conditions of storage
The shelf life of effervescent tablets ACC is 3 years from the date of manufacture. It is necessary to store in a dark place inaccessible to children at an air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.
Atc effervescent tablets Price
ACC 100 effervescent tablets 100 mg; tuba plastic 20 pcs - from 180 rubles.
ACC 200 effervescent tablets 200 mg; plastic tube 20 pcs - from 210 rubles.