ACZ tablets effervescent instruction for use
- ACZ tablets effervescent instruction for use
Effervescent tablets ATSs refer to the pharmacological group of mucolytics or expectorants. They are used in the complex treatment of diseases of the respiratory system, which are accompanied by the formation of viscous thick sputum and violation of its divergence.
Form of issue and composition
Tablets ATSTS represent a dosage form for the preparation of solution and its use inside. These are easily soluble tablets, which when dissolved in water form carbon dioxide, so they are effervescent. The main active substance of effervescent tablets is acetylcysteine. There are several dosages of the drug with the active ingredient in 1 tablet of 100, 200 and 600 mg. It also includes auxiliary substances, which include:
- Anhydrous citric acid.
- Sodium bicarbonate.
- Sodium carbonate is anhydrous.
- Lactose is anhydrous.
- Ascorbic acid.
- Cyclamate of sodium.
- Saccharin sodium.
- Sodium citrate.
Effervescent tablets ATSTS are available in several versions of packaging - tablets in an aluminum tube of 20 and 25 pieces and in a cellless package of 15 pieces. Different amount of tablets in the package of the drug allows you to choose the optimal number of them depending on the duration of the course of treatment.
The active substance of effervescent tablets ACC acetylcysteine is a chemical derivative of the amino acid cysteine. The molecule of this compound contains sulfhydryl groups, they promote the rupture of disulfide bonds of molecules of mucopolysaccharides, which are the basis of sputum. This reduces its viscosity and improves the clearance from the respiratory tract. Also, acetylcysteine has several additional therapeutic effects:
- Antioxidant effect - is realized due to the inactivation of free radicals (fragments of molecules that have in their composition one unpaired electron, therefore they have high chemical activity and destroy the membrane and structure of body cells).
- Detoxication properties - the active substance of effervescent tablets ACC promotes an increase in the synthesis of glutathione in the liver, which binds and removes various toxins from the body.
With preventive reception, effervescent tablets of ACC reduce the likelihood of developing acute respiratory viral infections accompanied by coughing.
The active substance, thanks to the soluble form of effervescent tablets ATSTS, quickly absorbed into the blood from the stomach and small intestine, the therapeutic concentration is reached after 15 minutes after taking the solution, the maximum concentration - after 1-3 hours. Acetylcysteine is mostly metabolized in the liver with the formation of metabolites of cysteine and diacetylcysteine, which also have pharmacological activity and contribute to the dilution of sputum. The active substance is almost completely excreted from the body by the kidneys with urine in the form of inactive inorganic decay products. Half-life (the period of time through which half of the total active substance concentration is excreted) is about 3 hours. Acetylcysteine partially penetrates the blood-brain barrier into the tissues of the brain and spinal cord. Also, it can enter the fetus through the placenta during pregnancy and into breast milk while breastfeeding the baby.
Indications for use
Effervescent tablets are indicated for use in the pathology of respiratory and respiratory tracts, accompanied by production of viscous sputum and poor excretion. Such diseases include:
- Acute bronchitis (inflammation of bronchial mucosa) in viral respiratory infections.
- Acute and chronic bronchitis of bacterial etiology.
- Obstructive diseases of the respiratory system, characterized by spasm (constriction) of the bronchi and congestion in them of viscous sputum (in particular for the treatment of "smoker's cough").
- Bronchial asthma is a pathology of allergic bronchi characterized by the development of seizures with their spasm and the production of thick, glassy sputum in response to ingress of allergens into the body or the respiratory tract.
- Pneumonia is an inflammatory process in the lungs caused by various infectious agents.
- Tracheitis - inflammation of the mucosa of the trachea with products in her thick sputum.
- Bronchoectatic disease is a chronic pathological process with the widening of the lumen of the bronchi and the accumulation of viscous sputum in them.
- Cystic fibrosis is a serious genetic disease in which thick sputum is produced in the respiratory tract without inflammatory processes in them. In cystic fibrosis, effervescent tablets of ACC are also recommended for prophylactic purposes.
As an additional component, effervescent tablets of ACS are used in the treatment of infectious and inflammatory pathology of the upper respiratory tract - laryngitis (inflammation of the larynx), rhinitis (inflammation of the nasal mucosa), sinusitis (inflammation in the paranasal sinuses). When using effervescent tablets during the treatment of the pathology of the respiratory tract and lungs, taking medications that depress cough is not recommended, since they can worsen the excretion of sputum and lead to its accumulation in the bronchi and bronchioles.
Contraindications for use
In some pathological and physiological conditions of the body, the use of effervescent tablets of ACC is contraindicated, since acetylcysteine can have a negative effect. These include:
- Individual hypersensitivity to acetylcysteine or any other auxiliary component of the drug, which may result in a significant deterioration in the general condition.
- Syndrome malabsorption or deficiency of enzymes in the digestive system responsible for the cleavage of glucose or galactose.
- Bleeding from the respiratory tract of various intensity, including hemoptysis (possibly with pulmonary tuberculosis, malignant neoplasms of the respiratory system) - acetylcysteine in this case may increase its intensity.
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum during an exacerbation - acetylcysteine can provoke an increase in the severity of damage to the mucous membrane in this pathology.
- Pregnancy at any time and breastfeeding of the child - data on the safety of acetylcysteine for the developing fetus and the baby is not, so it is advisable not to take it.
Determination of the presence of contraindications to the use of effervescent tablets ATSTS must be carried out before it is used for therapeutic purposes.
Dosage and route of administration
Dosages of the drug are set by the doctor individually, depending on the severity of the pathological process, age and general condition of the person. The recommended average dosages are:
- Age from 2 to 6 years - 100 mg 2-3 times a day.
- Children from 6 to 12 years - 100 mg 3 times a day or 200 mg 2 times a day.
- Children over 12 years and adults - 200 mg 3 times a day or 600 mg once a day.
In cystic fibrosis, the recommended daily dosage can be increased to 800 mg, provided that the child weighs more than 30 kg. Before taking the tablet, dissolve in one glass of water at room temperature. The solution is taken only after complete dissolution of the effervescent tablet. The finished solution can not be left for a long time, it must be taken within 2 hours from the date of preparation. It is undesirable to take the drug on an empty stomach, as this can provoke an inflammatory reaction in the mucous membrane of the stomach. The average duration of the use of effervescent tablets ATSTS is 5-7 days. The course of treatment can be continued by the attending physician on an individual basis.
Effervescent tablets ATSTS as a whole are transferred well, when they are taken orally as a solution, a number of side effects can develop, which include:
- From the central nervous system - headache, tinnitus,
- From the cardiovascular system - tachycardia (increased heartbeats), arterial hypotension (lowering the level of systemic blood pressure).
- On the part of the digestive system - nausea, sometimes vomiting, heartburn, upset of a stool in the form of diarrhea (diarrhea).
- Allergic reactions - develop rarely, the severity may be different. Appear in the form of a rash on the skin, itching, hives (rash and swelling of the skin, outwardly reminiscent of a nettle burn). In extremely rare cases, there may be a reaction from the bronchi in the form of their spasm resembling an attack of bronchial asthma. With very severe course of an allergic reaction, anaphylactic shock develops with the development of multiple organ failure on the background of a progressive decrease in systemic arterial pressure.
In case of symptoms of adverse reactions, the drug should be discontinued and seek medical help.
Before starting the use of effervescent tablets ATSTS for treatment of diseases of the respiratory system, you should carefully read the instructions for use of the drug. Also it is worth paying attention to such special instructions:
- Excludes the combined use of effervescent tablets ATSTS and antitussives, which suppress the cough, as this can lead to the accumulation of sputum in the respiratory tract.
- When the drug is used together with antibiotics, acetylcysteine can block their absorption into the blood from the gastrointestinal tract. Therefore, these drugs should be taken at intervals of several hours.
- Acetylcysteine increases the vasodilator effect of nitroglycerin, which must be taken into account when it is used.
- Children under the age of 2 years, the drug may be prescribed only by a doctor if there are strict indications, the dosage is determined individually.
- Together with the intake of effervescent tablets ATSTS in the form of a solution, it is desirable to increase the amount of fluid entering the body for a better dilution of sputum.
- For people with atopic allergic bronchitis and bronchial asthma, the drug is administered with caution, under the constant functional control of airway patency.
- Effervescent tablets ATSTS in its composition contain carbohydrates, which must necessarily be taken into account by a patient with diabetes mellitus.
- Dissolve tablets can only be in glassware.
- Acetylcysteine does not affect the ability to concentrate and the speed of psychomotor reactions.
In pharmacies effervescent tablets ATS are released without a prescription. In case of doubt or questions regarding their intake, consult a physician.
If the recommended therapeutic dose is significantly exceeded, the symptoms of its side effects from the digestive and central nervous system may develop. In case of an overdose, gastric, intestinal and general detoxification with symptomatic therapy is performed.
Analogues of ACCs
Drugs with a similar therapeutic effect include potassium iodide, Ambroxol, Sudafred, Fluviert, Lazolvan, Bromhexine.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf-life of ACPC tablets is 3 years from the date of manufacture. Store in a dark place inaccessible to children at an ambient temperature of + 25 ° C.
ACS effervescent tablets price
ACTS 100 tablets effervescent 100 mg; plastic tube 20 pcs. - from 180 rub.
ATSTS 200 tablets effervescent 200 mg; Tube plastic 20 pcs - from 210 rub.