ACC Long effervescent 600 mg tablets instructions for use
ACC Long - a drug of the group of mucolytics for the treatment of diseases of the respiratory tract, accompanied by difficulty in sputum production. In patients with chronic bronchitis and cystic fibrosis, the drug is recommended for prophylaxis in order to reduce the frequency and severity of acute exacerbation stages.
Release form and composition
ACC Long is available in the form of water-soluble tablets, 6, 10 and 20 tablets per tube. The tube is placed in a cardboard box with instructions.
The main active ingredient is acetylcysteine. 1 tablet of the drug contains 600 mg of acetylcysteine.
Auxiliary components: sodium bicarbonate and carbonate, ascorbic acid, lactose, sodium citrate dihydrate, mannitol, sodium saccharinate dihydrate, citric acid, sodium cyclamate, blackberry flavor.
Tablets are white, with a flat surface and a dividing line. When the tablet is dissolved in 100 ml of water, a clear, colorless solution with a blackberry smell is formed.
Pharmacodynamics. Acetylcysteine is a derivative of the amino acid cysteine. The mucolytic action of acetylcysteine is due to its chemical structure: a free sulfhydryl group is present in the compound molecule, which breaks the disulfide bonds of the acid mucopolysaccharides of sputum. As a result, bronchial mucus becomes less viscous, which facilitates its evacuation from the bronchial lumen and expectoration. Acetylcysteine acts on the sputum of both mucous and purulent character.
Sulfigdril groups of acetylcysteine molecules are able to bind chemical radicals, thereby neutralizing their negative effect on the body and providing an antioxidant effect. In addition, acetylcysteine enhances the synthesis of glutathione - one of the main protective factors of the body, has an antitoxic effect. During diseases of the respiratory tract oxidative stress and general intoxication of the body takes place. Providing antioxidant and antitoxic effects, acetylcysteine prevents the pathology from becoming chronic and accelerates the patient's recovery.
Pharmacokinetics. The drug is rapidly absorbed, is broken down in the liver to a pharmacologically active metabolite of cysteine and inactive compounds - diacetylcysteine, cystine, and subsequently - mixed disulfides. Bioavailability is about 10%. 1-3 hours after the application of the agent, the concentration of the active substance in the blood plasma reaches a maximum. 50% of acetylcysteine binds to blood proteins. After cleavage and therapeutic action, inactive acetylcysteine metabolites are excreted by the kidneys. The half-life is about 60 minutes. When functional disorders of the liver, this time is increased to 8 hours.
Indications for use
ACC Long is prescribed for respiratory diseases characterized by the presence of viscous, hard-to-separate sputum. It:
- acute and chronic forms of bronchitis;
- obstructive bronchitis ;
- bronchial asthma;
- cystic fibrosis;
- acute and chronic sinusitis;
- otitis media
Contraindications to the use of the drug are:
- individual intolerance to acetylcysteine or auxiliary components of the drug;
- age up to 14 years;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
Regarding the appointment of the drug to pregnant and lactating women, a sufficient amount of clinical data is missing. Therefore, the use of the drug ACC Long is possible only in situations where the intended benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risks to the fetus.
Dosing and Administration
The standard recommended dosage of ACC Long is 600 mg of acetylcysteine (1 tablet) per day. Effervescent tablet dissolves in a glass of boiled, cooled to room temperature, water. Accepted after a meal. The prepared solution should be drunk immediately after dissolving the tablet. In exceptional situations, you can leave the cooked product no longer than 2 hours.
Dissolve the tablets in a glass (not metal) container, avoid contact with rubber and rapidly oxidizing substances. Upon contact with metal and rubber, sulfides with a characteristic odor are formed.
The course of drug treatment for colds with mild colds accompanied by cough is 5-7 days. With prolonged inflammatory processes, as well as in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, the duration of the course of therapy is determined by the doctor.
The drug is generally well tolerated. Rarely can be observed:
- stomatitis (inflammation of the oral mucosa);
- noise in ears.
Extremely rarely possible:
- indigestion - nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn;
- lower blood pressure;
- tachycardia (increased heart rate);
- allergic reactions - pruritus and rash, urticaria , bronchospasm (in patients with bronchial hyperreactivity);
- bleeding (as hypersensitivity reaction to acetylcysteine).
An overdose of the drug causes digestive upset, manifested by nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn and stomach pain. If you experience side effects or signs of overdose, you should stop taking the drug and immediately consult a doctor. To date, life-threatening, severe side effects from taking the drug was not observed.
With caution, the drug is prescribed for:
- exacerbations of gastric and / or duodenal ulcers;
- conditions accompanied by expectoration of sputum with blood;
- pulmonary hemorrhage;
- varicose veins of the esophagus;
- bronchial asthma;
- adrenal gland diseases;
- renal and hepatic insufficiency (to prevent the accumulation of nitrogen-containing compounds in the body).
In the appointment and use of the drug ACC Long, it is important to consider:
- excessive drinking during treatment enhances the mucolytic effect of acetylcysteine;
- information for patients with diabetes mellitus: 1 tablet ACC Long corresponds to 0.01 XE (bread units);
- ACC Long tablets contain sodium compounds, which should be taken into account by patients on a salt-free diet;
- acetylcysteine affects histamine metabolism, so you should not take tablets for a long time for patients with histamine intolerance - this can lead to symptoms of hypersensitivity (itching, rhinitis, headache);
- when prescribing ACC Long for patients with obstructive bronchitis and bronchial asthma, strict systematic control of bronchial patency is required;
- ACC Long tablets contain lactose, therefore they are not prescribed to patients with rare hereditary forms of galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- simultaneous use of acetylcysteine and antitussives is prohibited, since the inhibition of the cough reflex caused by antitussive drugs can lead to stagnation of sputum, the development of secondary infection, up to pneumonia;
- when acetylcysteine is combined with nitroglycerin, the vasodilator effect of the latter is enhanced;
- Acetylcysteine is incompatible with antibiotics - tetracycline, erythromycin, amphotericin B, penicillins and cephalosporins (with simultaneous use decreases the bioavailability of antibiotics, therefore, if necessary, complex treatment of antibiotics are taken no earlier than 2 hours after taking acetylcysteine).
Similar drugs (with acetylcysteine in the composition) are: Hemofarm Acetylcysteine, Herd Acetylcysteine, Mucobene, Mukoneks, Fluimucil, Tussikom, Exomuk, Mukosolvin, Mukomist, N-AC-Ratiopharm.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C, in a place protected from sunlight. After each use of the drug, the tube should be tightly closed. Keep pills out of the reach of children.
Shelf life of the drug ACC Long - 3 years. After the expiration date indicated on the package, the drug cannot be used.
ACC Long 600mg Price
ACC Long effervescent tablets 600 mg, 10 pcs. - from 257 rubles.