ATSTS Long tablets effervescent 600 mg instructions for use
ATSTS Long is a mucolytics group medicine for the treatment of diseases of the respiratory tract, accompanied by difficulty in separating the sputum. For patients with chronic bronchitis and cystic fibrosis, the drug is recommended for prophylaxis to reduce the frequency and severity of the exacerbation stages.
Form of issue and composition
ATSTS Long is available in the form of water-soluble tablets, 6, 10 and 20 tablets per tube. The tube is placed in a cardboard box with instructions.
The main active ingredient is acetylcysteine. In 1 tablet of the drug contains 600 mg of acetylcysteine.
Auxiliary components: bicarbonate and sodium carbonate, ascorbic acid, lactose, sodium citrate dihydrate, mannitol, sodium saccharinate dihydrate, citric acid, sodium cyclamate, flavor with the smell of blackberries.
The tablets are white, with a flat surface and a dividing line. When the tablet is dissolved in 100 ml of water, a clear, colorless solution with a black smell is formed.
Pharmacodynamics. Acetylcysteine is a derivative of the amino acid cysteine. The mucolytic action of acetylcysteine is due to its chemical structure: a free sulfhydryl group is present in the molecule of the compound that ruptures the disulfide bonds of acid mucopolysaccharides of sputum. As a result, bronchial mucus becomes less viscous, which facilitates its evacuation from the lumen of the bronchi and expectoration. Acetylcysteine acts on phlegm both mucous and purulent.
The sulfhydryl groups of acetylcysteine molecules are able to bind chemical radicals, thereby neutralizing their negative effect on the body and providing an antioxidant effect. In addition, acetylcysteine enhances the synthesis of glutathione - one of the main protective factors of the body, has an antitoxic effect. During diseases of the respiratory tract, there is oxidative stress and general intoxication of the body. Providing antioxidant and antitoxic action, acetylcysteine prevents the transition of pathology into a chronic form and accelerates the recovery of the patient.
Pharmacokinetics. The drug is rapidly absorbed, cleaved in the liver to the pharmacologically active metabolite of cysteine and inactive compounds - diacetylcysteine, cystine, and subsequently - mixed disulfides. Bioavailability is about 10%. After 1-3 hours after the application of the drug, the concentration of the active substance in the blood plasma reaches a maximum. Blood proteins bind 50% of acetylcysteine. After cleavage and therapeutic action, the inactive metabolites of acetylcysteine are excreted by the kidneys. The half-life is about 60 minutes. With functional violations of the liver this time increases to 8 hours.
Indications for use
ATSTS Long is prescribed for diseases of the respiratory system, characterized by the presence of viscous, difficult to separate sputum. It:
- acute and chronic forms of bronchitis;
- obstructive bronchitis ;
- bronchial asthma;
- cystic fibrosis;
- acute and chronic forms of sinusitis;
- otitis media.
Contraindications to the use of the drug are:
- individual intolerance to acetylcysteine or ancillary components of the drug;
- age up to 14 years;
- pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding.
Regarding the prescription of the drug to pregnant and lactating women, a sufficient number of clinical data is not available. Therefore, the use of the drug ATSTS Long is possible only in situations where the intended benefit to the mother is greater than the potential risks to the fetus.
Dosing and Administration
The standard recommended dosage of ATSTS Long is 600 mg of acetylcysteine (1 tablet) per day. The effervescent tablet dissolves in a glass of boiled water, cooled to room temperature. It is taken after meals. The prepared solution should be drunk immediately after dissolving the tablet. In exceptional situations, you can leave the prepared product for no longer than 2 hours.
Dissolve tablets should be in glass (not metal) dishes, avoid contact with rubber and quickly oxidizing substances. Upon contact with metal and rubber, sulphides with a characteristic odor are formed.
The course of treatment with the drug for mild catarrhal diseases, accompanied by a cough, is 5-7 days. With prolonged inflammatory processes, as well as in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, the duration of the course of therapy is determined by the doctor.
The drug is usually well tolerated. Rarely can be observed:
- stomatitis (inflammation of the oral mucosa);
- noise in ears.
Very seldom possible:
- indigestion - nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn;
- lowering blood pressure;
- tachycardia (increased heart rate);
- allergic reactions - skin itch and rash, hives , bronchospasm (in patients with bronchial hyperreactivity);
- bleeding (as a reaction of hypersensitivity to acetylcysteine).
When an overdose of the drug, indigestion is noted, manifested by nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn and stomach pain. If side effects or signs of overdose occur, stop taking the medication and consult a doctor immediately. To date, life-threatening, serious side effects from taking the drug have not been observed.
With caution, the drug is prescribed for:
- exacerbations of stomach and / or duodenum ulcers;
- Conditions accompanied by expectoration of sputum with blood;
- pulmonary hemorrhage;
- varicose veins of the esophagus;
- bronchial asthma;
- adrenal diseases;
- renal and hepatic insufficiency (to prevent the accumulation of nitrogen-containing compounds in the body).
With the appointment and use of the drug ATSTS Long it is important to consider:
- an abundant drink during treatment enhances the mucolytic effect of acetylcysteine;
- information for patients with diabetes: 1 tablet ATSTS Long corresponds to 0.01 XE (bread units);
- ATSTS Long tablets contain sodium compounds, which should be taken into account by patients staying on a salt-free diet;
- acetylcysteine affects the metabolism of histamine, so do not take pills for patients with histamine intolerance for long periods of time - this can lead to symptoms of hypersensitivity (itching, rhinitis, headache);
- when appointing ATSTS Long, patients with obstructive bronchitis and bronchial asthma require strict systematic control of bronchial patency;
- ATSTS Long tablets contain lactose, so they are not prescribed for patients with rare hereditary forms of galactose intolerance, lactase insufficiency, or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- the simultaneous use of acetylcysteine and antitussive drugs is prohibited, since oppression of the cough reflex caused by antitussive drugs can lead to sputum stagnation, the development of secondary infection right up to pneumonia;
- when acetylcysteine is combined with nitroglycerin, the vasodilating effect of the latter is enhanced;
- acetylcysteine is incompatible with antibiotics - tetracycline, erythromycin, amphotericin B, penicillins and cephalosporins (with simultaneous use decreases the bioavailability of antibiotics, therefore, if complex treatment is required, antibiotics are taken no earlier than 2 hours after taking acetylcysteine).
Similar drugs (with acetylcysteine in the composition) are: Acetylcysteine Hemofarm, Acetylcysteine Stada, Mukobene, Mukonex, Fluimutsil, Tussicom, Exomuk, Mukosolvin, Mukomist, N-AC-Ratiofarm.
Terms and conditions of storage
The drug is stored at a temperature of no higher than 30 ° C, in a place protected from sunlight. After each drug acceptance, the tube should be tightly closed. Keep the tablet out of the reach of children.
Shelf life of ATSTS Long is 3 years. After the expiration of the period indicated on the package, the medicinal product can not be used.
ATSTS Long 600mg price
ATSTS Long tablets effervescent 600 mg, 10 pcs. - from 257 rubles.